RE: EMC for windows

There is one counter-example which shows that under certain circumstances
windows will work in real-time: Mach 1, which is the twin of EMC hosted under
windows.  My theory on why that works is that, by definition, a step and
direction system is open loop stable.  Thus, when bill gates has internet
explorer dump your hard drive over the internet to Redmond, nothing bad
happens, because no step/dir pulses are output.  By this theory, if Mach 1 were
modified to drive a servo-to-go based system, the system would probably "go
boom" occasionally under heavy use.
Eric