Re: EMC compatible computers

> I tend to agree with JohnK here about the location of
> the running motion modules of the EMC being in close
> proximity to the devices that they control.  It is
> appealing however, to have a tkemc copying the machine's
> behavior from that "normal PC" there at that comfortable
> desk.

Is this tkemc in addition to or instead of a user interface
at the machine?  What if someone at the desk starts the
machine after a user at the machine stopped it for a tool
change?  I assume there is a way for the local operator
to prevent remote starts.

> Frank called me last fall.  He and was sitting in his
> air conditioned kitchen, drinking a bottle of his
> favorite and watching his machine work away outside
> in the 100+ f heat.  This is a real good place for a
> portable that allow you to see and control the machine
> from a distance.

I hope he has an e-stop button in his kitchen, and that
his machine is located in an area where kids, cats, etc,
can't walk up to it while he is 100' away.

> The nice thing about the EMC is that you can split the
> tasks up in many different ways.  As someone mentioned,
> it appeals to the tinkerer in me also.

I wasn't aware of that level of flexibility.  Very cool,
as long as the safety aspects have been addressed.

John Kasunich