Re: EMC compatible computers

I tend to agree with JohnK here about the location of the running motion
modules of the EMC being in close proximity to the devices that they
control.  It is appealing however, to have a tkemc copying the machine's
behavior from that "normal PC" there at that comfortable desk.

Frank called me last fall.  He and was sitting in his air conditioned
kitchen, drinking a bottle of his favorite and watching his machine work
away outside in the 100+ f heat.  This is a real good place for a
portable that allow you to see and control the machine from a distance.

The nice thing about the EMC is that you can spilt the tasks up in many
different ways.  As someone mentioned, it appeals to the tinkerer in me
also.

Ray

On Wednesday 15 January 2003 09:08 am, John K wrote:
<s> ...a dedicated box near the
> I for one intend to have
> a PC dedicated to running the machine, with display and
> keyboard set up to be used while standing in front of
> the machine.  Not a nice setup for CAD or web browsing.
> I'll have another PC for "normal" PC work, at a nice
> comfortable desk.  I will use ethernet or floppynet to
> connect the two machines.
<S>