wireless ethernet? (was: RE: Firewire)

Alex,

speaking about wireless ethernet (meaning 802.* standards these days) I
have to say that my experiences have been bad. Even in an office
environment, the speed of wireless ethernet is far from comparable to
the traditional one that uses cables. And in an industrial environment,
where there is lots of electromagnetic noise this would be even worse, I
suppose. Also, provided you use only two network cards and one single
cable between them, ethernet is fairly deterministic in terms of maximum
packet delivery times. This isn't the case with wireless ethernet where
the connection can always be interrupted for an indefinite amount of
time because of external interference.

Markus