Re: second computer for DRO readout

Hi Alex

In desktop computers, the ISA bus is virtually extinct - Industrial computers
will still use it for several more years. A quick search for Single Board
Computers will show just how many manufacturers are still committed to
supporting the ISA bus !

If a network interface could guarantee a data packet at a pre-determined
rate, EMC could probably be kludged to use it. But the data may take a second
or more to arrive depending on the network load. A better solution might be
to use the parallel port to communicate with your encoders as Jon has done
with his ppmc hardware....

Idle thought - A PIC chip or three using D0-D7 as address lines, returning
data on C0-C3 *might* just work... Or, figure out how to use the parallel
port in bi-directional mode, and use an eight bit data bus.

Regards, Paul.