RE: digital servo controller to offload the Parallel Port?

What Les said is true but it would be really nice to have a lower cost
solution to servo control with EMC than the STG card.  Before you all flame
me, I know that you can use Gecko 320 / 340 drivers and the there is PPMC
from Jon Elson and maybe some other solutions.  IMHO for home shop use the
STG cards are really cost prohibitive, at least in my shop.

John Guenther
'Ye Olde Pen Maker'
Sterling, Virginia