Re: digital servo controller to offload the Parallel Port?

>>  BRAIN BOARD.. is the electronic hardware used to
>>  coordinate the actions of THE MOTOR CONTROL BOARD
>> (that is 6 motor contro boards and each board will
>>  controls three dc motors). This board will contain
>> the DSP and the required peripherals and will serve
>> as the central power distribution core.
>
>18 motors?  Something tells me you aren't running a
>machine tool <grin>.  Maybe a 6 legged robot, with
>3 DOF per leg?

NO A PUMA ROBOT..AND A SMALL xyz table..

 I have a project like that in mind
>too, but I'm planning to use a PC for high level
>control, and PICs or other small micros for the low
>level motor control, either one per motor or one per
>leg.

The TMS320LF2407 (or TMS320LF2406)DSP from Texas Instruments has been
chosen to perform the motor control and low-level processing duties.  This
DSP features high-speed processing, a built-in communication protocol, two
ADC converters, and quadrature capture pins for positional feedback from
the motors.

and only one is needed for three motors... also free samples from Texas
Instruments.

you would need two pics per motor to do it properly..?????????

>John Kasunich

Alex Kovacic
FISH Lab
CYTOGENETICS UNIT,
SEALS,Level 4, Campus Centre,
Prince Of Wales Hospital,
RANDWICK, NSW, 2031,
AUSTRALIA,
Tel: (61) (02) 9382 9168
Fax: (61) (02) 9382 9157
email1:A.Kovacic-at-unsw.edu.au
email2:kovacica-at-sesahs.nsw.gov.au
South Eastern Sydney Area Health Service

This email, and the files transmitted with it, are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed.

If you are not the intended recipient, you are not permitted to distribute or use this email or any of its attachments in any way.

We also request that you advise the sender of the incorrect addressing.

This note also confirms that this email message has been virus-scanned and although no computer viruses were detected, South Eastern Sydney Area Health Service accepts no liability for any consequential damage resulting from email containing any computer viruses.