Re: digital servo controller to offload the Parallel Port?

Hi, John

The whole idea with EMC is really host signal processing.... the
computer cpu does all the servo loop calcs in a real time
operating system. Even a very slow old commodity computer has
enough processing power to do a high performance job. So it does
not need outboard processors.

That being said- there is still the requirement of some kind of adapter
to interface mixed analog/digital signals to the computer. That
is the real expense. Current systems cost a lot due to
the low volume.

Les
Leslie Watts
L M Watts Furniture