Re: Modifying EMC interface for lathe (x and z) display Thanks to all.

Ray,

Thanks for the tips.  Sounds just like what I need.  I noticed the lack of
cutter comp on the x-z plane and thought about using the lathe in the x-y
plane to hopefully be able to get cutter comp.  This would require
programming to a radius instead of a diameter of course.  This might be a
problem if several people use the machine and they are used to standard x-z
setups, like in a school setting.

I am trying to push EMC to the local university and I think I have one
professor convinced to let me do a conversion on a Sherline mill.  I just
wish I had been knowledgeable enough at the time when they were choosing a
controller for their Bridgeport clone and went with something with a much
less efficient and elegant interface.

Thanks again,

Howard Bailey