Re: EMC and Red Hat 8.0

Hi Will

Compiling on a RH8.0 with a 2.4.20-rtai kernel, I still get :-

> plat/linux_rtai/in/inivar -sec EMCMOT -var EMCMOT  -ini emc.ini

plat/linux_rtai/in/inivar: relocation error:/usr/local/EMC-TEST/rcslib/plat/li
nux_rtai/librcs.so: undefined symbol: __dso_handle

This is on a clean install with the minimum of packages required to compile
the kernel and EMC. All the references I have found seem to imply that this
is a bug in an inbuilt glibc function __cxa_atexit brought about by an
inadvisable option used when compiling gcc-3.2.

I'm at the point of consigning the RH8.0 to the task of coasters at the
office.

Regards, Paul.