Re: EMC and Red Hat 8.0

I have a system somewhat working with RedHat 8.0/ kernel 2.4.18 and
rtlinux_3.2-pre1.

I ran freqmod with STEPPING_TYPE's 0 and 4. Although the system
basically worked I noticed cycle to cycle time maximums for the stepper
task at 8ms  which is much larger than it should have been. So although
this might be a problem only on my system I still can't say I would
recommend this combination.

The changes that I checked into CVS  were

to take out the code that uses cpu_khz.

I added  although this was perhaps not necessary
MODULE_LICENSE("GPL and additional rights")

I would have preferred to say
MODULE_LICENSE("Public Domain")
 but that won't get rid of the annoying insmod warning message and if
you think of additional rights as anything you can do with public domain
and can't do with GPL then it is seems technically accurate.

In handwheel.cc main needs to be defined as a returning an int rather
than a void.

-- Will