Re: EMC and Red Hat 8.0

Hi All
 I have had a similar problem on Mandrake9.0 . I ended up reinstalling
9.0 ( not upgrading over existing ) on a blank partion. I then installed
LSB ( linux standards base )  branch of tools . This apeares to clear
all the problems in compiling with gcc-3.2 on rtai , rtlinux and EMC.

Jason

On Sun, 2002-12-08 at 11:43, Paul wrote:

> Hi Folks
>
> An update on RH8.0 and EMC - It doesn't work !
>
> There is a bug in either gcc-3.2, glibc-2.2.5, or binutils-2.13 that causes
> inivar to throw an error about an unresolved symbol __dso_handle. There is
> conflicting information as what causes this error - Some blame the compiler,
> other sources suggest binutils is at fault, or even glibc.
>
> It looks like it may be a while until a RedHat 8.x install can be used for
> EMC.
>
> Regards, Paul.
>

> On Thursday 05 Dec 2002 11:52 pm, Paul wrote:
>
> > Initial results look promising - Aside from a fatal compile error with one
> > of the low level SCSI modules there were no significant errors logged. Even
> > the rtai interrupt trap tables compiled cleanly.

This is a digitally signed message part