From: "D.F.S." <dfs-at-xmission.com>
To: "Multiple recipients of list" <emc-at-nist.gov>
Sent: Tuesday, December 03, 2002 4:08 PM
Subject: Re: Keyboard

I don't know about toughness, but I saw some this last week-end.
they are ~ 100% silicone?.
There is no structure as such, they are flexible and appear to
be 100% sealed.
As long as oil and fluids are the problem they may be a good bet.
They were being sold by a regular mass-market retailer so I assume
they are common and easily found.
I don't have a brand, but anybody that has seen a "rubber keyboard"
would know what you were talking about.

On the other hand, cheap keyboards can be had here for $4.99 on sale.
this is about 1/8th the price of the silicone units I saw.

I have seen true industrial keyboards but they are pushing $200.00.

Marc Christensen

ps. what ever came of the pendant discussion?

I have code that can make an atmel microcontroller act as a keyboard.
maybe a good design for a pendant or ctl. panel would be a good project.
something with X,Y,Z displays, mode indicators and rotating knobs for input
would be good.