Re: SMP dual CPU

Hi Richard

Good news is that it is possible to run realtime tasks on one CPU and have
the bulk of the 'user space' applications running on the other (with some of
the load being shared with the RT CPU).

I have not been able to test this type of configuration, so would be
reluctant to offer it as a standard option within BDI. However, there is no
reason why an SMP RT kernel package couldn't be put on the CD - EMC would
probably need to be recompiled as well...

I can give you some assistance with this if required, although you'd probably
be better off moving over to BDI-TNG. The SMP support is more developed in
the 2.4.xx kernels and should prove to be more reliable.

Regards, Paul.