Re: SMP dual CPU

Richard wrote:

>Hello EMC List,
>
>I'm likely to be running EMC on a dual P2-466 sometime in the
>future. Can it be arranged such that the RT system has affinity
>for one processor and EMC the other?. Is there any advantage to
>doing so?.
>
>Paul : will BDI handle this configuration, now or in the future
>please?

The old RT patch would either refuse to run at all on a dual CPU or
would only
use one of them.  I don't know if that is still true.  Why do you need
this?  The modern
CPUs, 800 MHz and above, are vastly faster than anyone needs for CNC
control.
Even a single 466 MHz system would be fine for almost anything, even
software
generated step pulses.