Re: Run button

Ray Henry wrote:

>List
>
>A fellow just tried to execute an MDI command by hitting the run button
>but nothing happened.  It seems that he has run machine tools where in
>mdi mode you enter the command and then hit cycle start.  He had equated
>run with cycle start and it did not work that way.
>
>Would if be possible to make the interpreter recognize a run command
>while it is in the MDI mode?  I know that we could do that in the tkemc
>file but I was wondering if we could do it at the deeper level.

Knowing only a little about the structure of tkemc, it seems like that
is really THE user
interface, now, so it makes sense for it to be there.  And, yes, my
Allen-Bradley control
worked like that.  Of course, it was actually more flexible than tkemc,
you could back
up g-code blocks at the press of a button, or enter the block # to start
executing at.  You
could also push cycle stop, manual, jog around to fix some problem, back
up a couple
of lines, and then hit auto and cycle start to resume programmed
operation where you
left off.  I wish EMC could do even half of that (and I know it is a lot
harder to do when
you have lookahead - but the A-B DID have some primitive lookahead.)