Re: EMC and Red Hat 8.0

Hi John

Both gcc-2.96 and gcc-3.2 generate a substantial number or compile time
errors when processing rtai.c - Most of the errors involve pre-processing the
commands used in building the interrupt dispatch handlers.
Whilst some of the rtai demo and test programs appear to work and EMC
compiles with few complaints, it does not run. Fire up EMC, everything
appears to be normal, but attempt to make a move - Nothing happens.

A number of other realtime applications have reported problems when
attempting to use gcc-2.96 & 3.x. The rtai team is emphatic about using the
recommended compiler - Either egcs or the preferred choice of gcc-2.95.

Regards, Paul.