Run button

List

A fellow just tried to execute an MDI command by hitting the run button
but nothing happened.  It seems that he has run machine tools where in
mdi mode you enter the command and then hit cycle start.  He had equated
run with cycle start and it did not work that way.

Would if be possible to make the interpreter recognize a run command
while it is in the MDI mode?  I know that we could do that in the tkemc
file but I was wondering if we could do it at the deeper level.