RE: bitmap to g-code software

This is stretching things a bit, but IIRC GhostScript has some utilities
that take bitmaps of fonts and convert them back into outlines.

I believe that they did this to get around the copyright on the standard
postscript fonts. They would take one of the standard fonts and rasterize
it, and use the utility to convert the raster back into bitmaps. These "new"
fonts then had different "programs" (because in PostScript a font is just
some code), and therefore weren't violating copyright.

If you're a programmer, you could probably take this and massage it into
something that could produce G-Code.

--
Dave Hylands
Vancouver, BC, Canada