Re: Why 2.16 won't work

Hi Matthew

The easiest way to find these kinds of problems is to start the emc from
a terminal.  You can start a terminal by clicking on the little tv like
icon on the bottom panel.  When it comes up you will see something like

[root-at-localhost root]#

This says that you are root on a local machine and that you are in the
root directory.  You can move to the emc directory by entering the command

cd /usr/local/emc <enter>

Once there, you can start an emc using a command like

./emc.run <enter> or ./mini.run

or whatever name you have assigned to the run file for your machine.

By starting this way you can watch the startup conversation for any
problems that you might have.

Hope this helps.

Ray