Re: Stepper Motor Resonance ?

I didn't really have the time to do all the tuning but I've noticed that
freqmod.o seems to loose steps on the two most recent installs that I've
done.  These were with both TNG and 2.18.  Sorry that I didn't have the
time to really sit down and figure out what was going on with them.
Steppermod was enough for both.

Now to the resonance problems.  Dean is right on in suggesting that you
look at the drivers.  Resonance is really encouraged by full step drivers
and is somewhat of a problem with half step drivers.  It is discouraged
by micro stepping stuff like that used in the Gecko drives where multiple
steps per input pulse are done by stepping through all of the microsteps
to get to final position.

Ray