RE: Stepper Motor Resonance ?

500 in/oz motors on a Bridgeport sized machine seems pretty wimpy if you
are looking for good rapids. That is about the size that is normally
used on a mill drill machine. Also EMC is known as having a less than
perfectly paced pulse stream. This will tend to start resonance. You did
not mention if you are using steppermod.o or freqmod.o? freqmod.o is
better in regards to the pulse pacing than is steppermod.o. You may want
to consider one of Jon Elson's expernal pulse boards. That is reputed to
give a very smooth pulse stream which will definitely be a help to you.
The only other thing I can suggest is to get some proper 1000+ in/oz
motors on that machine.

Tim
[Denver, CO]
www.KTMakreting.com/CNC.html