Re[2]: Lathe & Mill

Hello Jon,

JE> Yes, I was the same way, and a Unix hater from WAY back!  But, they've
JE> made it a lot easier
JE> with management tools, automatic install from CD, etc.  I'm finally a
JE> convert

I'm not a Linux hater, or a hater of any OS, in fact I can't
understand why people hate a particular OS and are religious
about another. It's just a platform on which to do things, and
they all have good and bad points. I don't hate Linux, I've
never been infected by a virus in 30 years of computing on
umpteen different platforms, and I don't hate Microsoft. It's
just a matter now of what I'm used to, but if Windows 2000 can't
hack the interrupt latency or whatever, and Linux can, then it
will have to be Linux. It's just that I don't find learning new
things as easy as I used to.

JE> Pieces of EMC were used as a base for Art Fenerty's Master CNC and
JE> Mach-1

Is that allowed?

--
Best regards,
 Richard                            phebos-at-btinternet.com