Re: 5-phase steppers

Hi Peter

No docs available that I know of - The only notes I've come across are buried
in the source code. emc/src/emcmot/emcmot.c line 4450 (and 4615) of the
current CVS source alludes to the possibility of driving a five phase motor.
The routines are there for two and four phase drives. Tom Benedict would
probably be the expert to consult.

One small problem though - You will not have enough output pins on just one
parallel port for three axes. If you want X, Y, and Z, a dedicated IO card
might prove to be the best option.

Regards, Paul.