smdromod success

  Paul

Thanks,  I figured it was probably something simple.  I've been
concentrating on the motor drive electronics and I have to make a few
more boards before I can run more than 1 motor.  I do need to learn how
to build everything from source.  Playing with just 1 axis smdromod has
exceeded my expectations.  From my observations I find that I could
probably lower the pulse output and by recalibrating the Freq. to Volt
converter still achieve the 240 IPM rapids without giving up positioning
 resolution.  smdromod doesn't care how many or few pulses it takes to
carry out the motion,  only that following error does not exceed the
limits.  Conclusion,  smdromod will work great for me.

Jon

There wasn't anymore than a little switching noise and very slight
vibration from those reverse direction pulses. It wasn't causing any
following errors so it must have been working. The most important effect
was those pulses were robbing power from the motor.  Dropping P from 400
to 360 did eliminate those.  I have yet to find anything even getting
warm yet.

Many Thanks to all the programmers of EMC.
Dale