Re: following error question

Richard Everett wrote:

> Ok, now I am getting confused.  What is smdromod?  It sounds like that
> actually performs better than steppermod or freqmod.  What are the ups and
> downs of using smdromod?

smdromod is a derivative of freqmod which accepts encoder inputs from the
Dan Mauch/Tom Kulaga DRO interface board as position feedback.  freqmod
and smdromod have a step pulse generation task that runs at a high rate
determined mostly by experimentation, such that it just allows enough free
time for the rest of EMC, linux, Xwindows, etc. to give reasonable response.
You need a pretty fast computer to run it at the 16 uS interval that Dale is
running his at.  steppermod and freqmod do not use external feedback, so they
are "open loop".