Re: following error question

Richard

smdromod.o is very close to freqmod.o.  It generates output pulses using
a set of routines just like freqmod so in the commanded part of motion
they are the same.  The difference is that freqmod counts each pulse that
it sends as a distance traveled and returns those values to the motion
process.  Smdromod looks elsewhere for a pulse that says that an axis has
moved and determines the distance traveled independent of the pulses sent
to a motor.

The most common application of smdromod is to confirm stepper motion
using encoders and a Kulaga/Mauch dro card.  This way, if a stepper
looses pulses, smdromod will report that to the motion controller and it
will attempt to make them up.  Some time back there were several posts
about the way that the motion stuff made that attempt.  I believe that it
just speeds up the pulse train and that may be just the opposite of what
is needed when a stepper is loosing steps.

Ray

<s>