Re: following error question

Richard Everett wrote:

> Thanks Jon.  I knew velocity 10 would mean 600ipm, I was just trying to test
> out the 1.4ghz machine to see if it would bog down.
>
> I have not messed with CYCLE_TIME (it is still 0.001 for x,y an z), but I
> know I have done more than 1000 steps per second.  I measured 5khz step
> pulses on my oscilloscope.  How exactly does CYCLE_TIME effect max
> steps/sec, and what do you think is going on in my case?

Unfortunately, this has become a gigantic muddle!  There is steppermod,
freqmod, and a variety of servo and pseudo-servo devices, like my universal
stepper controller.  The servo systems update the rate step pulses should be
generated by comparing actual to desired position at the rate specified by
CYCLE_TIME in the axis sections.  steppermod calculates an interval from
the max_velocity and steps-per-unit parameters.  And, freqmod uses the
PERIOD parameter in the trajectory section, I think.