Re: Rambling hydraulic post that was: Multiple syncronized spindle question.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jon Elson" <elson-at-pico-systems.com>
To: "Multiple recipients of list" <emc-at-nist.gov>
Sent: Friday, September 27, 2002 8:48 PM
Subject: Re: Rambling hydraulic post that was: Multiple syncronized spindle
question.

snip

> He was talking about changing the servo loop's parameters as the hydraulic
> oil
> warmed up and became less viscous, I think.
>
> Jon

Indeed I was, but I am very glad to hear about more features of EMC.  It
seems like it would be possible to sense the temperature of the oil in the
tank, record how that affects the actual motion of the machine versus the
commanded motion and possibly use a variable to scale the axis motion and
spindle speed based upon the temperature and consequently the viscosity of
the oil.  I don't know how difficult it would be to implement the IO for
something like this, but it could make for an interesting project for
someone more knowledgeable than myself.

Regards,

Howard Bailey