Re: RTAI-EMC .. bdi??

Hi Till

Currently have a 2.4.18-rthal5 kernel running freqmod and some servo drivers
under development. This is on a RedHat 7.2 derived install, and yes, there
are some potential traps to fall into.
That d-at-**!!d gcc-2.96 does NOT compile a useable rt kernel or EMC. I have
tried both rtai and one of the rtlinux-3.1 patches on a 2.4.18 kernel. The
trick is to change the CC=gcc to CC=kgcc in the kernel and realtime Makefiles
as well as rcslib/etc/*.def (install compat-egcs or kgcc). Alternatively,
make a symlink /usr/bin/gcc pointing to egcs or kgcc.

Regards, Paul.