Re: Analog Spindle

Ray Henry wrote:

> Hi Dave, Kurtis, Jon
>
> I did a search of the emc/src and directories below it and found more
> than 50 files that contain the word spindle.  I'm clueless when it comes
> to reading C and C++ but it would appear that the spindle speed notion
> travels quite a ways through the code.  For example in
> bridgeporttaskintf.cc about line 1934
>
> "int emcSpindleOn(double speed)
> {
>   EMC_SPINDLE_ON spindleOnMsg;

Yes, but most of them are just for spindle start/stop, or forw/rev
functions.  But, there are
some things like

> And in emcio.hh about line 51 we see the comment
>
> "    Spindle commands are given as on (with a signed speed) or off; they

So, yes, it is at least part way in there for open-loop speed control.  This
would make a
lot of people very happy.  Feeding a 0-10 V signal to a VFD or motor speed
control
would go a long way in most home shop installations.