Re[2]: BID mouse detection/support

Hello Paul,

P> No USB support is compiled in to the 2.2.18 kernel supplied with the
P> BDI-2.xx. During testing of the earlier 2.4.x kernels, Ian Wright
P> successfully managed to break them or find a device that wouldn't work.

Thanks Paul & Eric. OK, forget BDI - I install Red Hat 6.x with
USB support. Will the mouse now work (ie, are there drivers for
optical mice?). Let's say it's working. I now 'convert' to real
time - is the mouse still working?

The reason I want to use this mouse is because it's optical, not
specifically because it's USB.

Actually, I have a zillion and one questions to ask about EMC -
is it OK to start asking them here please?

--
Best regards,
 Richard                            phebos-at-btinternet.com