Re: Analog Spindle

Hi all,
Not that I did an exactly exhaustive search but the only stuff I find on
spindle is in the G8x code for tapping and back-boring.

It would seem that we really need, at a minimum, something that interprets
SXXXX based on a max value in .ini and scales the analog output to the
spindle servo. Now to close the loop we need emc to understand an index
pulse and rotary motion.
We can always run open loop with just the tach for control except if we want
to thread or do other fancy things.
The lathe people need some of the same stuff except for different axis
names. I think forward, reverse and brake are already output pins so that is
taken care of.
There should be a way to fake some of this with an additional axis except
that one will immediately get following errors.

BTW-this is one of the functions I need badly for the Mazak. :-)

HTH

Dave