Re: Position counter stop updating....

Hi Babar

I wouldn't recommend running all the processes (Sections) at such a high
rate. The DISPLAY is a low priority task that will happily run at 0.200
seconds. AXIS_x should be run at least 10x the speed of TRAJ, certainly not
at the same rate.
Unless you have a fast computer, you will find that running all the tasks at
0.001 seconds will impact on the overall speed of linux - Jerky mouse and
unresponsive keyboard, possibly even the whole machine locking up.

The problems you are having with the encoders sounds very much like noise
induced from the servo motor cables. You mentioned in an earlier post that
the problem arose with 3V (command voltage to servo amp) or more, along with
the erratic "pulse stream" - This certainly appears to be a noise problem
either from a ground loop or induced from the motor wiring.

Regards, Paul.