Re: rotary axis

Hi Nasir

A couple of notes first on the naming conventions for lathe axis - The cross
slide is usually labelled X, the carriage, Z, and the spindle is referred to
as C. Therefor, the [TRAJ] COORDINATES would be X Z C.

Defining the C axis in the ini file will cause a number of problems -
Assuming a start up position with C =0, when the spindle is turned on, EMC
will attempt to provide feedback to maintain C at zero. But because C is
being driven by an external motor that EMC has no control over, a following
error will be generated. This following error is probably being generated
before the spindle has completed half a turn, so I wouldn't expect the
display to change - I dare say EMC is going in to E-Stop as soon as the
spindle is switched on because of this.
The answer is to only define the X and Z axes in your ini file. If you must
have a positional readout for the spindle, emcmot.c will need to be modified
so that no feedback is applied to the C axis.

Finally, G33 is not available with EMC - There has been discussions in the
past on the subject of implimenting threading, but it is not a trivial task
(at the programming level).

Regards, Paul.