Re: need help compiling EMC

You have to think of the circuit driveing the stepper more like a PWM
circuit the waty it is set up - you are turning on and offt he phases so
fast that you never get full power. If you used a power supply that could
supply 2A at say - 90 volts and let the current be limited instead of the
voltage you would get much more torque out of the motor - the windings in
the motor are inductors and they resist the change in current flow - thus
limiting the maximum current that can change the magnetic fields - by using
a higher voltage (though current limitted) supply you can get much higher
performance out of a stepper motor.

Pete