Re: Help on EMC installation .

Hi Sivaraj

I currently have EMC running on a RH7.2 system with a 2.4.16-rtai kernel.
Currently debugging the 2.4.18 kernel, again patched with rtai. The first
thing to make clear - Do NOT use gcc-2.96 to compile a realtime kernel, it
produces an unpredictable kernel. Install the compat-egcs and compat-egcs++
packages and make symlinks in /usr/bin for gcc, g++, and c++ pointing to egcs
and egcs++ respectfully. Alternatively, download the sources for gcc-2.95 and
compile your own compiler.

If you are using the current CVS sources for EMC, there are probably a couple
of sections that are broken - I will have some fixes uploaded by the time you
get to read this. These modifications have not been tested with rtlinux-3.1,
so you may have to log the compiler errors and let us know where it breaks.

Regards, Paul.