From: Ray Henry [rehenry-at-up.net]
Sent: Thursday, July 11, 2002 11:22 AM
To: Multiple recipients of list
Subject: Re: EMC Question. I have looked on the FAQ :(

Hi Travis

Steppermod does not use PID.  Freqmod does.

Steps per unit for steppermod should be controlled by units and Input_scale
for each axis.  For freqmod you will need to set output_scale the same as
input_scale.  For smdromod you set input_scale to the number of steps your
stepper moves for one unit and your output scale to the number of encoder
pulses read per unit.

This is a wag and I don't mean to insult your intelligence.  Are you certain

that the run file that you are using points to Travis-mini.ini.  You can see

that on about line 27 of the run file.  I've done this -- edited one ini
file
and run another several times.  If this were the case and you are running a
standard ini rather than the edited one, I'd guess that your stepper amps
are
running half step because 1000 pulses gets you an 1/8 turn rather than the
1/4 I'd expect on the basis of your calculation.

I don't know what age of EMC you're running but the ini file you sent,
version 1.4 is dated by at least a year.  There have been some additions
since then -- nothing changed in the motion or axis sections.  Don't use the

latest stuff from SourceForge either because there have been some variable
names changed in the last month.

Hope this helps

Ray