EMC Question. I have looked on the FAQ :(

Hello,
Thank you for your time, I know that it is valuable and I do not want to
take up much of your time.

I was looking for a answer to a question on FAQ that was not answered
directly.
Does the Steppermod.o actually use PID?  If so, why is it that the changes
in the PID do not effect the
stepping? If not then what does actually change the steps.  I have tried the
Input_scale and output_scale to no avail.
I do not get the out come that I expect.  Here is my ini file attached to
this email. Very little has changed from the original file.
I can get my motors to turn, but not at the correct turns per inch.  I am
using a 20 TPI rod now and will change to better material later.

I have calculated the input as 360 degree rotation at 1.8 degrees per step,
that is 200 step per rotation.
now the lead screw is 20 TPI or 0.05" per thread 1 rotation, now using the
equation. 200/0.05" = 4000 steps.

My motor turns about 1/8 of a turn and stops. It should turn 360 degrees.

I am running BDI install. 2.12.--- on three different machines and I get the
same out come.
All machines are from a pent. 100 to a pent.266MHz.  All have 128mb Ram and
plenty of HDD.

Travis Pierce
Xerox Engineering Systems
Research & Development