Re: Browser

Hi Gene

In the kppp Accounts->Edit menu under the Dial tab, there is a check box you
can tick so that passwords are remembered.

KDE includes a GUI frontend for handling tarballs including compressed ones -
Extensions include tar, tar.gz, and tgz. In the file manager window, a right
click on a file will bring up a dialogue window where you can select which
application to use with a particular file.

One more tip - If you ever need info on a command, for eample tar, type :-

man tar

 Or :-

info tar

Do this in a console window (or press Alt and one of the Function keys), and
the manual page will pop up giving you all the options for the command.

Regards, Paul.