RE: Browser

> > I have never entered a ip address
>
> This is because most ISPs have just run a "signup" script for
> windows that
> automatically writes in the nameserver ip address in the right place.
>
> In windows9x::
> If you go Start->programs->accessories->dial-upnetworking and then
> right-click on the connection you want to look at and then click on
> properties a box will pop up with a button that says "TCP/IP settings"
> You may find your name server address in there or it may say
> "automatically assigned nameserver" in which case the best way to go
> is ring them and ask for a fixed one.

Under Windows 9x, there's a program you can run called winipcfg that should
give the information. I think you need to click on the Advanced button (do
this after you've connected). There's a drop down combo box to select the
right connection (if you happen to have more than one).

Under Windows NT/2000, you can use the "ipconfig /all" option from the
command line to obtain DNS information.

Dave Hylands