Re: Browser

On Mon, Jul 08, 2002 at 04:17:11AM -0400, Ian W. Wright wrote:

> Hi,
>
> While we're on the subject, I've just reloaded the TNG version (I changed
> one of the hard drives on the machine) and I now have the problem where
> neither Netscape nor Konqueror will talk to localhost. Any advice on a fix
> would be most welcome...

etc/hosts pretty much has to contain the line
127.0.0.1               localhost.localdomain localhost

more is optional. DON'T change the name of the machine by deleting localhost.

if it does, check /etc/nsswitch.conf contains the line
hosts:      files dns
  ; perhaps with a nis and its variants as well

john