Re: EMC vs. Galil Motion card (was: Will emc work for me?)

On 07/05/02, at 07:16 PM, "Markus Meyer" <meyer-at-mesw.de> said:

>So the Galil card follows a very different
>concept, because all critical calculation takes place on the board rather than
>on the main CPU of the computer, as it does with EMC.

Which is why it works even with Windows running on the CPU. ;-)

>AISE it would be far easier to write a frontend for the Galil card that shows
>some nice buttons and additionally write some script that
>translates GCode into the native Galil card language than hacking EMC to
>support the card, effectively throwing away (1) and (2).

Would the emc frontends be useful as building blocks for such an effort?

If this is getting to be a FAQ here, then there is obviously some demand.
Is anyone working on it already?

Carl Brown cbsled-at-ncia.net