Re: new listmember

I did not mean to imply that you can use the VFD to supply the 3 phase power
for anything but the spindle motor. In the context of the type of machine
the poster was mentioning a 3 phase version would be spindle only not
everything else as in an industrial 3 phase CNC machine.

> VFD's are not power supplies.  Nothing better for motor control, but I
don't
> think it is a good idea to use one as a power source for servo amps or any
> equipment that may be removed underload.  (ie.. any control voltage power
> supplies that come with the machine)

I haven't ever seen one of these and likely would not like the price tag on
it.

> Some VFD's do change voltage or have a wide operating range.  (ie..120v
> input  0-230v output, or 380v to 500v input range)

Tim
[Denver, CO]