Angular fourth axis wit BDI-TNG version of EMC

Hello,

I am becoming convinced that EMC and my Sherline CNC rotary table are not
going to get along.  I have EMC configured for the fourth axis with these
parameters in the emc.ini file:

TYPE = ANGULAR
Units = 1.0
Input_Scale = 80
Output_Scale = 80.00
MAX_VELOCITY = 0.2

The axis will not move with these settings and will give following errors.
If I change the input and output scale to 28800 the axis will move but
requires you to enter all moves of less than 1 full revolution of the table
as decimal moves.  For example, a move of 90 degrees would be entered as g1
a0.25 which will work but is not what I want to do.  The driver is currently
a Camtronics 5AMP Bipolar driver set for 1/2 step mode.

I have the table working correctly with TurboCNC but I would prefer using it
with EMC.  Is this a freqmod.o problem in the BDI-THG release?  Should I go
back to BDI 2.14 and try it with steppermod.o to see if it works better.
Since steppermod.o does not work with the bDI-TNG and the rtai real time
stuff I will need to reinstall to go back to BDI 2.14 which is inconvient
but not impossible.

Thanks

John Guenther
Sterling, Virginia