Re: Interpreter failure

Hi Peter

I looked up the problems that I had with tkio and it is a couple of lines
that were supposed to be commented with # but were commented with // instead.
(all these languages are so confusing <g>)

line 865 change // to #
line 877 change // to #

That should keep tkio running rather than crapping out when it hits those
errors.  I'll commit these changes to the sourceforce site in a bit.

The tkio file that runs during startup is in emc/plat/nonrealtime/bin so
change that one.  If you plan to re-compile or re-install you will also need
to change the same named file in emc/src/emcio.

Tkio does find the defined parport in the ini file.  It will default to 378
if none is specified.

In order to use tkio you will need to specify bridgeporttask so that task
based NML is there to pass info to the io module.

When you use bridgeporttask and bridgeportio, you will get a warning message
saying that when you turned estop off through the gui, and emc turned estop
off, nothing happened to the state of the estop pin on the i/o parport.  What
is presumed to happen here is that when estop is turned off, and i/o parport
output number 10 changes state, external hardware will pull a relay that
grounds the corresponding input estop signal.  When that doesn't happen, the
warning comes up.  (pretty confusing, eh!)  The purpose of this round robin
approach is so that pressing an external estop will signal the controller
that the machine has faulted out so it ought to also stop asap.

Hope this helps.

Ray