Re: Freqmod test result & Q

Hi Chris

There are three realtime tasks within freqmod where jitter may be expected -

The first is the pulse timing loop as defined by PERIOD.
The second is set by CYCLE_TIME in TRAJ, typically 10mSec.
The third is also CYCLE_TIME, but this time in the AXIS_n section. (Side
note: From reading emcmot.c, it would appear that only the parameter in the
last AXIS_n has any effect)

The interrupt latency that you have recorded by running the
rtai/testing/testsuite will affect the timing all three of the above tasks in
freqmod. It would be interesting to hear what sort of period you see the
"algorithmic jitter".

Regards, Paul.