Re: Interpreter failure

Hi Ray and list.

I was wondering if you looked at the tkio thing.. I guess you may have seen
my post saying that tkio started up no worries for me and you decided not to
worry about it.

Well, I can say that tkio starts up ok and the little window with heartbeat
etc. gets going. Everything seems OK but I have been trying to set up
hardware on the second parport (0x278)
tkio does not seem to see the ports.

When I use bridgeportio I can start ioshow and see what the bits are doing.
Everything goes fine and I can turn limit and estop switches on and off.. I
can make an old stepper motor out of a dead printer to turn on command.
The only thing thaty doesn't happen is that the Estop send bit does not
respond when the button is pushed, so I get a message saying something like
"The Estop send bit was read back and indicates bit is still set...... check
connections port settings etc." (The program still comes out of estop. I
ended up just editing the polarity of the bit to get rid of the message)

Tkio seems to be completely port-deaf (and dumb)

It would be good to find some more documentation about playing with
tkio.tcl.
I have tried to follow the stuff in the manual about inb and outb and iosh
but I'm a tcl beginner.

8*d

It would appear that if I can master this part of emc I can sort out some
plc for my machine.

thanks for your time and patience

Peter Barrett