Re: Hey

Rey,

> Who else got this?  All of my e-mail is filtered, coming in & going
> out. Does the Administrator of this list (emc-at-nist.gov) have a filter
> he (or she?) can use to filter out virii that may be lurking in the
> e-mails on this list? I've seen variations of this message, and it's
> really annoying to think that someone on this list could be infecting
> others' systems.

It looks to me like the message went to the list.  I don't think there was
an attachment, as when Klez was running rampant, we still received the
message, but the virus attachment was replaced with a statement saying
that a virus had been removed (at least, that's what I recall).

I think that what we have is a Klez (or similar) virus faking a source of
the EMC list, and a user (virus recipient) who hasn't a clue.

				Peter Ashford