Re: Jog wheel

Hi Dale

cycling thru with the buttons wasn't my first choice either but there
were only 4 usable input bits on the game port so the 2 buttons are
a compromise to fit as much on that port as possible

if you can come up with 2 more input bits somewhere you could
replace the buttons with a couple of 4-throw rotary switches (2 bits ea.)
for X,Y,Z,A axis and .1 ,.01 ,.001 ,.0001 increment
(or 1000x ,100x ,10x ,1x if you want it to be bi-lingual ;-)

I think some of the panel encoders have a push-to-turn switch built in
as an option ( I may be thinking of some other switches I've seen)
the enable switch could just kill the power to the encoder and buttons ,same
as unpluging it ,so that part would be up to the guy building the pendant

you could also hook a PIC micro onto the MIDI port of the game connector
there are a few MIDI knob-box plans on the net that would make nice pendants
http://www.uCApps.de/uC_en.html
MIDI is pretty much just an oddball opto-isolated serial port and it will
probably still be around as long as they make game ports or sound cards

Brian